Visit The Happy Herd
We love to have visitors at The Happy Herd! We like to remind all guests that this is a sanctuary for animals that were previously abused or at risk for abuse. This is their home, which is why we do not have public visiting hours but instead offer small personal tours. Visits are by donation. If you are interested in visiting us please take a moment to read our guidelines and COVID-19 safety plan below.
If the spots don’t happen to work for you please CLICK HERE to be put on the waitlist.
If you have any questions about our tours or have a group of more than 5 , please contact Shawna at email@example.com
- We will be monitoring the COVID-19 global pandemic and will respond based on the advice of public health authorities and the government. At this time we are only allowing visits from those in the same household/ Bubble.
- Masks are mandatory and social distancing is in effect.
- Guests are encouraged to wear closed toe shoes, and clothing you don’t mind getting a little dirty. The tour is outside so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Children are allowed to visit, please let us know how many children are in your group at the time of booking.
- Unfortunately we do not allow outside dogs/pets.
- We do not charge a set admission, but donations are appreciated and go towards our operating costs
- As we schedule our daily tasks and feedings around these tours, We will be unable to accommodate guests who arrive late. If you need to cancel please email us.
- Tours are by appointment only and take place outside ,weather permitting, and can be cancelled due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control
- All guests must sign a liability form prior to entry to the Sanctuary
- Please don’t feed anything to the animals without getting approval from your guide
Covid-19 Safety Plan
In keeping with government rules regarding covid-19 restrictions such as social distancing, occupancy, and sanitization protocol, Happy Herd has implemented a number of new policies and procedures to keep guests and volunteers safe.
Volunteers must ensure they are covid-19 symptom free and have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 or travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.. Volunteers are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
All guests are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing. Sanitizer stations will be provided throughout the farm, Guests must use sanitizer before contact with animals. Guests will be required to sign a covid-19 form ensuring they do not have covid-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone who tested positive with Covid-19 or travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
Tour guides will ensure all common area surfaces have been sanitized prior to guests arriving
Signs are placed throughout the farm encouraging all guests to maintain social distancing.